Wednesday 12 September 2012

`But We Are All Fabulous` said Donatella Versace....


…when I asked her for tips on looking `fabulously forty` and not `frumpily forty `. I realised what she meant when I went to Europe last week, for an important family celebration. I met with – amongst other members of my family – my two sisters, Gigi and Barbara. They lead interesting lives: Gigi is currently redecorating her antique-filled home, working on exciting editorial projects, and caring for a supermodel-looking son. Barbara had published a book, and is successfully utilising new media in her business venture, while looking after her family and letting her hair down during Zumba classes.

LtoR: I am wearing a pink Versace dress and diamond earrings from Dubai; Barbara (centre); and Gigi (right)

They both take great care of themselves, experimenting with a new minimalist look, while still maintaining her favourite bohemian appearance most of the time (Gigi) or welcoming the new season with a glimpse of something unexpected: juxtaposition of colour or dangerously tight, elaborate necklace (Barbara). They know who they are, and don`t shy away from discovering new ideas. In fact, they welcome life changes and enjoy making the best out of every situation. I am certain they are the women Donatella referred to when she uttered the word `fabulous`.   

No comments:

Post a Comment