Wednesday 31 October 2012

Adorable Autumn

The new season started with a fun day out in the Chippenham`s Borough Parade where my friend Karen opened a fabulous Vintage Couture 77 boutique; we modeled designer outfits which she was selling on the launch day, fueled nicely by champagne and a massive cake shaped like a Chanel handbag. As Autumnal weather brought more rain, I found refuge in the Wallace Collection where I learnt about Sèvres Porcelain. The company was founded in 1738 and counted heads of state amongst its patrons and collectors, including Louis XV and Catherine the Great. As the leafs become red and yellow, I discovered Lanvin`s macaroons, a great collaboration between Alber Elbaz, who created a colorful box, and Ladurée, who filled it with deliciousness. As the wind intensified, I met Jackie Collins, who provided invaluable advice on writing. As the mornings got darker, I won a photo competition (first time in my life) with a creative take on what one can describe as quite dull everyday activity.

As I say `goodbye` to October, my diary is already full of interesting activities, which will keep me amused till Christmas.

A photo from Gazette & Herald, depicting opening of Vintage Couture 77 boutique


No comments:

Post a Comment