Tuesday 11 March 2014

10 Reasons to Shop in Singapore


I have been shopping with gusto for several decades and I know what makes for an `amazing` shopping trip. And I am delighted to list 10 reasons why Singapore offers a truly outstanding shopping experience:
1. A sheer number of shopping malls means everyone will find something to satisfy their taste and the depth of their pockets, from `pile it high`, 3 for S$10 purses sold in Hazel`s Accessories in Lucky Plaza, to a rare lilac-coloured exotic skin handbag – the only one in Singapore! – sold in Louis Vuitton`s floating island boutique
2. `Theatrical` performances  take this daily occurrence to another level - entertainers are lining up the main shopping arteries and individual boutiques offer `mini-concerts` to attract the trade
 
3. Just after the Lunar New Year the sales become crazy; often reductions reach 70% and it is not difficult to find a well- made t-shirt for S$5

4. You can shop 24/7/365, as retail emporiums like Mustafa Centre stay open non-stop
5. The service is truly ` above and beyond the call of duty` - a few weeks ago, a shop assistant offered to search for a wig I wanted to buy, in a unique colour.  After tracing it through her suppliers she kept calling my home number till I arrived home (just before midnight) to share the good news. I was grateful, as I really wanted that wig, and only left my home number with her. On another occasion, a shop assistant went in search of some mineral water while she seated me on a comfy sofa, after hearing I needed to take a pill; a glass of water materialised a few minutes later. Not long time ago, another shop assistant lent me a thread and a needle and a changing cubicle so I could repair a hem of my dress which came undone mid-shopping
6. Exclusive labels, sold in some stores, ensure it would be very unlikely for your friend / or your foe, to turn up at an important gathering, in the same dress you decided to sport
7. The architecture of many shopping malls is truly amazing – here is my favourite – the Star Vista
8. The favourable weather (between 24 – 30 degrees Celsius) means you can enjoy exploring the shops indoors as well as outdoors, and many shaded walkways and trees keep the sun away
9. Designer Outlets aplenty and they sell considerably reduced past- season stock throughout the year
10. Daily papers inform customers about discounts offered by individual shops or by retail chains.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment