Sunday 2 August 2015

Best Foot Forward – Summer Awaits

Feet – they carry us through life, but far too often we find an excuse to neglect them, especially as it is easy to cover them in thick tights or socks for most of the year. With summer in full swing, it`s an ideal time to reveal a well-cared-for, beautiful feet.

Cracked heels and hard skin is the most common result of our year-long lack of attention and care. But it is easy to relieve the symptoms just by soaking feet in a hot bath and then applying a thick layer of cream, and massaging it for at least a few minutes at the end of the day. I`ve heard that some people sleep with socks on but it doesn`t make any sense to me. Why would I want my socks to be soaked in moisturiser, when I want my feet to absorb it?
I want my feet to look good in high-fashion heels like these Vivienne Westwood beauties.  
 
My routine to ensure I have `dancing feet` that I am not ashamed of include regular visits to Margaret Dabbs Foot Clinic and Spa for medical pedicures. During a 45-minute session, a qualified podiatrist transforms my soles by removing dry skin, exfoliating my feet, shaping and buffing toenails and re-hydrating.
 
Some of Margaret Dabbs` treatments can be carried out at home. I really like her foot file for removing hard skin – it has to be used on a dry foot – but produces amazing results! The other star- treatment is Margaret Dabbs Hydrating Foot lotion.  It contains a special ingredient - Emu Oil to ensure feet are left nourished and soft to the touch.  
 
Let celebrate our feet this summer!
The other day I found in Hay Hill Gallery in London a beautiful acrylic on canvas called `Night` by Adriana Saavedra – a young artist who splits her time between her native Barcelona and California. The bold burst of colours against black background makes the image feel modern and brings Pop-Art to mind. I adore this paining - what a brilliant celebration of dancing feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment