Tuesday 26 February 2013

Snow White Captured My Heart


Rabbit and fox gilet from Ducie; leather sleeveless dress by M&S (I bought it about six years ago); snake bangles from Africa

Which S/S13 trend makes your pulse beat faster? For me it is definitely `white on white`. I like the idea of wearing any colour head to toe (legacy of early years spent in Paris) and white shouts `sophistication` and `cleanliness` to all who happen to witness this assembly. What is not to like? I was therefore happy to discover on Sunday – at my latest shopping spree – that Ducie were selling white fur gilet during London Fashion Weekend at the Somerset House. I will pair my newest purchase with white t-shirt and jeans (note to myself: buy white skinnies!) or with white, sleeveless dress by James Lakeland. Will keep jewellery to a minimum to let rich textures shine on their own. I welcome the simplicity of this look and await sunnier and warmer days. The winter, however, didn`t want us to forget who is still in charge, by sending a few snowflakes our way, when Alice and I left the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment