Saturday 13 July 2013

In Vogue`s Spotlight


I was strolling, the other day, alongside Hannover Square, towards Michael Kors boutique in Regent Street when I noticed a brunette woman who was looking at me, while walking in my direction. Dressed in a colourful skirt and a fitted top, her face looked familiar….was she one of my neighbours? A colleague I`ve worked with a decade ago? My distant relative? I couldn`t figure it out when we passed by, her eyes still firmly on me. Only when I reached Michael Kors` emporium, it occurred to me she was Alexandra Shulman of British Vogue.


I bought this dress at Michael`s (a perfect emerald hue!), plus a coffee-coloured purse, and a couple of clutch bags; they are roomy enough to hold my paraphernalia, but sufficiently slim to fit under my arm.

Michael Kors brings glam fever to even the simplest looks and his colours – from cobalt to coral – suit my skin tone. His detailing – a silver plaque here or a leather strap there - coupled with tougher heel, to ground the look, make for a modern and effortlessly in vogue style.

The added bonus of shopping in Regent Street store is the recent arrival of `three musketeers` - a consignment of fun-loving, good looking, barely in their twenties, Italian boys who are personification of the best customer service one can wish for. They are knowledgeable style counsels, cheerful errand runners, and on demand admirers……the only missing part of the jigsaw is that – sadly – they don`t serve champagne to loyal customers……. I shall mention this during my next visit.      

No comments:

Post a Comment