Saturday 27 July 2013

It Started in Monte Carlo


Monte Carlo then…..I was wearing a dress and a hat by Manuel Canovas, and clogs by Chanel

Monte Carlo now…..I am wearing a silk top by Versace, and sunglasses by Dolce and Gabbana
It was this time of the year when leisurely days reign over short, balmy nights; when the mercury raises considerably, sending flocks of affluent and beautiful people to Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur; when my twin-sister takes up a well-known-by-now apartment for our fun-filled get-together.
I was packing to join my twin in 2008, when it occurred to me I could select and take with me clothes made by one designer only, thus creating a perfect capsule wardrobe, where each piece corresponds well with another. It would save space in my luggage, as I carefully chose each `look`, instead of throwing any miss-matched garments into my suitcase. It required smaller amount of clothes and accessories, because the overall aesthetic would be so coherent, I could compile multiple ensembles using the same `building blocks`. And I could look `model-like` without even trying… after all, the designer already tested the looks on the runaway.  I was conscious I had to pack `one designer` pieces from current as well as from past collections, to  make it eclectic, and not `fashion-victim-ish`.
Since then, only one designer - with a few accessories from others added to make it `fresh` - joins me on my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment