Thursday 27 February 2014

Don`t Only Carry Python Handbags-I Carry the Snake!

I took my love of carrying python handbags a bit further and carried the whole python on my shoulders.  I encountered the snake during my visit to Sentosa, which lies just 15 minutes away from the centre of Singapore. I was wearing a snake-skin-patterned dress by Michael Kors, sunglasses by Marc Jacobs and a snake-skin handbag…..I am sure the python felt `at home` with me.
I was a bit disgusted at the beginning - I have to admit -but loved it at the end. It felt a bit unusual…..a bit slimy to start with, but when I got used to it, it felt warm, soft, and light. No wonder that snakeskin products are very light; it is crocodile`s skin that is heavy.
Pythons are not poisonous but they have massive muscles - I felt its muscles - and wrap themselves around the pray and strangles the poor victim. I also run my hand from its tail upward…...just as one would do, when buying products that are made from exotic skins, and this is when I felt its scales.
Sentosa is a resort island with pristine beaches, sea sports, golf and retreats, but for me, the biggest attraction was my chance meeting with the serpent. I may add `snake charmer` to my CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment