Tuesday 18 November 2014

Dolce and Gabbana`s Christmas Tree in Claridge’s

The world-renowned Claridge’s Hotel in London unveiled a large and twinkling Christmas tree that had been specially designed for the establishment by no other than Italian sultans of style - Dolce and Gabbana. I am wearing a coat from Versace.
They have made a tree for Claridge’s the second year in a row but I have not had a chance to see last year`s creation as – at that time - I was living in Singapore. So I was really keen not to miss it this year.
 
One thing for sure – it is very traditional. Below the avalanche of lighting and baubles, I uncovered a kingdom of snow covered woodland animals: foxes, deer and squirrels that move their heads in tune with some presumable music.
Adornments include hundreds of colourful, hand painted blown glass balls that reference different cultures around the world.
The Claridge’s Christmas tree has long been a true landmark at this iconic Mayfair hotel, and they previously collaborated with John Galliano and Lanvin's Alber Elbaz, who – in my opinion - had given us the best festive scene that I can think of - a post-party slumber on a sofa!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment