Tuesday 19 March 2013

Chloé Girl?


Tonight I went to a lovely champagne reception in London`s Selfridges to celebrate an exhibition entitled Chloé  Attitudes, which was originally curated to mark the brand`s anniversary. Chloé was 60 years old last year. The exhibits – dresses and accessories from the label`s archives – were first shown last year at Paris’s Palais de Tokyo venue.  These days, the brilliance of the label`s masters, from the founder, Gaby Aghion, through Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Phoebe Philo, to its current creative director Clare Waight Keller, can be experienced in London.

Two of my favourite dresses on display - L to R: one designed by Karl Lagerfeld, and the other by Stella McCartney

I`ve heard that when the idea of this show was conceived, approximately 700 dresses, from the 50`, 60`s and 70`s were discovered – luckily for the brand - in a hardly used, unglamorous warehouse located a few miles from Paris.
I don`t consider myself to be a ` Chloé Girl` but having said that, when I am in need of a `comfortable but chic` attire, or am dressing in a hurry, I reach for a Chloé dress. I own several and like their playfulness and durability – they have lasted me for years!

With my friend Alice - she is wearing a James Lakeland dress. I am in my much-loved Chloé dress with billowing sleeves, and Anna Dello Russo for H&M necklace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment