Sunday 17 March 2013

Dinosaur at H&M


On Thursday last week, H&M opened its doors to newly refurbished flagship store, which is located in London`s Oxford Circus. I went along to check out the space and was immediately greeted by an army of mannequins, all dressed up in a rather minimalistic manner. A plus for H&M as this is one of the main trends of S/S13.

The store is now spread out over six floors and some areas are quite sophisticated; I was pleasantly surprised to see a few large, attention-grabbing silver-coloured seats, attractive low-level lighting, and.... a statue of a white horse. Why would one install this pallid stallion in here – I wondered? Are they going to start selling horse-riding gear alongside the gaudy dresses and bomber jackets?

Carl Bagge played a piano when I questioned if this designer- clad dinosaur (I am referring to moi, not the pianist!) could possibly find anything for herself in this environment.... clearly geared towards adolescent clientele. To my astonishment I discovered a pair of rather- fabulous, jungle-themed cropped trousers. They are made of silky, organic cotton blend and at £24.99 are a real steal!  I will wear them with these Vivienne Westwood heels, or stilettos or voguish mid-heel slingbacks.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment