Thursday 5 September 2013

Bright Young Things at Selfridges


I was pleased to discover a selection of unique accessories, theatrical clothes and inimitable art in the Selfridges` Concept Store. For the third year running, Selfridges opened its doors to young and talented student-designers, and asked them to create a limited edition of fabulous pieces, under the banner of Bright Young Things. Their handiwork is sold in the Concept Store on the ground floor, and also displayed in the store`s windows.



I bought these six bug tie-pins, which I would wear as brooches; they would complement my Michael Kors knitwear. Cat Johnston designed them, and she is part of a bigger student collective, called The Pound Shop. The young designers were tasked with creating affordable objects that would sell in Selfridges for either £1, £5 or £10 a piece. My insects cost me £5 each, and I was thrilled to see such lively, quality products, priced so low.  
I look forward to meeting a few of the Bright Young Things at interactive events that are being run in Selfridges throughout September and October; hopefully Cat will be there.

1 comment:

  1. Hej, Goś,
    świetnie wyszła ta wasza wczorajsza robota. Ale zapomniałyście o nagłówku - Claudia Fabian - ja bym dała inną czcionkę i rozmiar. Kombinuj, kotku, powodzenia ci:)
    jag

    ReplyDelete