Monday 16 September 2013

Longchamp`s Biggest European Store Opens in London

`Vast` and `airy` come to my mind when I crossed the threshold of the new Longchamp`s flagship store, located on London`s Regent Street.  

Created in 1948 and still controlled by the founding family, the brand initially produced leather-covered pipes for smokers, but is now a symbol of affordable French chic.

I was pleased to see the whole wall dedicated to their iconic Le Pliage handbags in a rainbow of colours and variety of sizes. Sadly, the machine which engraves your name on the nylon bag didn`t work today – I was told by a member of elegantly dressed shop crew – but they offered to take my order and deliver `soon`.
 
I am wearing a Love Moschino leather jacket. The dress (my favourite at the moment)
is by Michael Kors
 
My Michael Kors favourite in its full glory. Clutch by Michael Kors, glasses by Bvlgari and clogs by Chanel. Photo taken last week in another location
The Longchamp`s store, which also sells other bags – the Legende, the Roseau, the Gatsby, the Balzane, and Kate Moss-designed Gloucester collection – is spread over two floors. Between them, a `floating mezzanine` provides the most visually pleasing aspect of the overall design, and enhances the feeling of lightness and speciousness.
A view from the first floor, towards the mezzanine level
 
The ground floor sells women’s accessories, and ready-to-wear. The first floor houses menswear and luggage, and its home to a fabulous, long, leather table with engraved map of the world, on its surface. I want it NOW!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment