Saturday 28 December 2013

3D Mini-Me!

I got a 3D miniature of myself thanks to iMakr Store. They set up a photo booth in Selfridges to capture those who were eager to have their mini-me. I am really interested in 3D printing and have seen several objects made in this technology, including a fabulous pair of shoes. So when I got a chance to pose for my very own mini-doll, you bet I was delighted.

Firstly, I was asked to strike a pose, which was actually harder than I anticipated. How do you model for your own statuette?  I decided to stand firm with two feet on the ground and twist my body slightly, hoping I would appear dynamic. A multitude of cameras took my photo, and I could inspect the images on a laptop, and pose again if the first attempt wasn`t good enough.
It took a couple of days for iMakr Store to produce (layer by layer) my figurine in their Clerkenwell office. I am thrilled with the result!
I am wearing a dress from a charity shop (Salvation Army); scarf from Missoni; and a fur gilet by James Lakeland.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment