Sunday 1 December 2013

Festive Season in Hot Climate

I am preparing for Christmas and the New Year celebrations. Today, I signed a white ball with my New Year wish. It will be floating on New Year eve, attractively lit up, on the river, in front of Marina Bay Sands, as part of a flotilla of white inflatable balls, with personal desires and aspirations, scribbled on them by thousands of Singaporeans. What a grand idea, don`t you think? What did I scrawl down? – WORLD PEACE TO EVERYONE!

Christmas trees are everywhere, some are more exquisitely decorated than others, and my favourite is the one standing  in a foyer of the Fullerton Hotel – it has a garland of soft teddy bears wrapped around it, and is as innovative as it is cute and….cuddly.   

 
On my way to visit the teddies at the Fullerton Hotel; I am wearing a dress (a birthday present from my girlfriend) by Rena Lange, shoes by Chanel and glasses by Marc Jacobs, and a bag by Michael Kors.

 Yesterday, I started buying festive gifts for my loved ones; for someone who had gone through many festive preparations in a cold climate of winter, being often wrapped up in a fur coat, to protect against chilly wind, and (on occasions) frost bites, I find it a tad peculiar to be organising Christmas celebrations in a sizzling weather.
 
Thankfully, `Christmassy` displays are everywhere, to help me get into the spirit of joyfulness…….

……….and carol singing add a festive feel to my present-hunting activities.
 
So listen up my girlfriends: if you were good to me this year, you will receive a PRECIOUS gift (note what is spelled out in capitals – this is your cue to what you will be getting!). If however, you were selfish, and obnoxious, you should expect to get nothing. Hmmmmm, which option do you think I would choose for you?
 

1 comment:

  1. Michael Kors bags and dresses are serving me very well in Singapore…. several people commented. Agree - time to acquire a few new models. Thank you for sharing the site, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete