Wednesday 21 May 2014

Joseph`s Sale in Mayfair

Earlier today I went to Mayfair`s Music Room, a venue located just round the corner from Claridges and Bond Street, to hunt for leather dresses, at Joseph`s sale. Joseph started as a brain-child of a Casablanca-born hairdresser Joseph Ettedgui in the sixties. Since then, the brand designers brought timeless style, and well-made essentials to the `high-end` of the High Street.  Their contemporary ready-to-wear collections meld minimalistic design and luxury fabrics. They handle butter-soft leather particularly well, so I had high hopes of nipping some fabulous hides.
Unfortunately, on arrival I was faced with a sea of mediocrity. Would you wear this garish mustard-coloured t-shirt with a red edging? Or that brick-coloured jumper? Perhaps not…..
 
I didn`t give up and was rewarded with this trio of dresses.
The fringed suede, brown dress fits me perfectly well and was reduced from £670 to £195, so I snapped it up. The red and green dresses are made of super-soft leather but were far too big….I even tried to cinch them with a belt, but to no avail. Oh well, more money left in the kitty as they originally cost £745 each, and were reduced to £345 per outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment