Saturday 21 June 2014

Affordable Art Show in Hampstead Didn`t Disappoint

Earlier in June I went to the Affordable Art Show, which was hosted in London`s Hampstead Heath. I am wearing a dress by Petit Bateau, and a poncho by Missoni. Shoes with rabbit fur – from Singapore. Handbag by Gucci. 
 
Over 110 galleries showcased thousands of artworks in air-conditioned marquee. All priced between £40 and £4,000. We`ve seen delightful paintings, photography, prints and sculpture, and here are my favourites.  
Iranian Red Onyx `torsos` - £3,995 each.
Chung Shek`s realistic oils on canvas, which beautifully depict female form.
Colourful, ceramic `eyes`  by Myung Nam An – prices started from £100.
Wire on board composition by Helaina Sharpley - yours for £975.
A cute `Doggerfly` made from mixed media by Robert Bradford - £2,500.
 
I was also able to get my hands dirty and create two designs, which were printed for me, using a traditional printing press.

These may not be seen as `amazing art` by others but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment