Friday 3 May 2013

Button-eyed Woman Eats my Pretzels


In front of Swarovski Crystallized store, which sells exclusive designs from fashion starlets; I am wearing a vintage dress

Olives and miniature swirly pretzels accompanied lashings of prosecco at the Swarovski Crystallized party. My friend and I perched on high stools, which surrounded a swanky steel bar, and were taking full advantage of my favourite tipple being topped up on a regular basis. Several glasses into the evening, I reached for a small but deliciously-looking pretzel, which a helpful bartender placed in front of me. Suddenly, a plump hand appeared from nowhere and grabbed a plate of goodies.

-          Can I have one? – I asked extending my hand towards the disappearing plate.

The owner of a chubby arm glanced at me through her button-like eyes, hidden in shiny folds of her cheeks. Without a word, she quickly moved away, stuffing herself with a stolen treasure even before her hefty behind touched down on a nearby sofa.

I jumped behind the bar for a moment, pretending I am as good at serving, as I am at drinking bubbly. Don`t have a clue who the barman is, but he was making sure our glasses were full all the time - `thank you` our unknown hero!
Slender models were showcasing Swarovski`s stunning jewellery throughout the evening; they were wearing Banana Republic clothes and my friend fell in love with a pair of trendy trousers, so we moved next door, to this American retailer where she purchased a fab outfit. I have never bought anything from Banana Republic but may pop in there next week as I noticed they sell clothes in my size: XXS.

No comments:

Post a Comment