Sunday 12 May 2013

Metallic Make-up for A/W13


Saying `good night` to a giant Harrods bear; I am wearing a Michael Kors dress

Karen and I checked out Dior`s new make-up collection called Bird of Paradise, at a reception hosted by Vogue beauty team in Harrods. Dior`s make-up artist Jamie Coombes explained that eye colours in cobalt, emerald and deep violet look modern when smudged upwards from block-colour base on the eyelid. He also demonstrated how to `polish off ` the look with fabulous crystals, which adorned models` faces at Dior`s A/W13 shows. Placed in the inner corner of the eye, they look like tear-drops. I loved them so much that I went to the office the next day, with a few blue crystals added to the outer corners and along the lower lash line!

We will see a lot of metallic make-up next season – the experts revealed – so I bought a metallic nail varnish from the collection, to start getting used to this look.

Karen and I had a giggle as we left the department store when the lights were going out and I seriously considered staying in for a bit longer…I would love to be locked in Harrods for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment