Monday 24 June 2013

Fabulous Fascinator


My very own fascinator: four silk roses with diamanté detail, sitting on a silk heart-shaped base
Blocking net; taking spring out of the wire; domette interlining; ice wool; straw needle; wire overlapping…… I learned the meaning of all of these terms (and more) at a one-day millinery course at the Wallace Collection. Under attentive tutorial given to me and my fellow students by Caroline Morris, a true millinery aficionado, we were able to start from scratch and progress, stage by stage, until we each made our own couture hairpiece.
I sneaked out for an hour break, but before I reached a croissant counter in Selfridges, I stumbled across Michael Kors concession, which had a brilliant sale. I grabbed three dresses and two tunics, brandishing my card.
-`Aren`t you going to try them on?` – asked a salesgirl
Michael Kors` size XXS fits me perfectly, and I like his aesthetics, so I always buy fast and in bulk.      

Volume-buying at Michael Kors sale in Selfridges: in a Marni at H&M dress and Ducie fox and rabbit gilet. Bag by Michael Kors

No comments:

Post a Comment