Friday 23 August 2013

BBC Proms - Yet Another Amazing Performance


Last night took me to Royal Albert Hall for The BBC Proms. Founded in 1895, the Proms bring an eight-week summer orchestral classical music extravaganza to London, and consist of over 70 concerts.

I went to see the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra under Canadian Yannick Nézet-Séguin, a highly expressive but very meticulous conductor, who took us through Prokofiev's Symphony No 5 in B flat, as well as – my favorite on the night – Tchaikovsky`s Fantasy-Overture 'Romeo and Juliet'. Italian Anna Caterina Antonacci joined us for Wagner’s Wesendonck-Lieder, which didn`t elicit as much enthusiasm from me….it wasn`t as uplifting in my opinion, as I have expected, and I was distracted by the soprano`s choice of outfit – a masterfully-monochrome, black-and-cream dress, with a plunging neckline (I like!) but sleeveless; I thought her upper arms would look leaner with a bit of a cover. Nevertheless, she coped extremely well with over 20 minutes-long song-cycle.

I was wearing a Grecian-style Giambattista Valli dress; a Juicy Couture shoes and a clutch from Aspinal of London.
To top this great night out, I was complimented on my way home by two hip, very young fashionistas – you look so pretty – they commented.

No comments:

Post a Comment