Friday 24 January 2014

IMM - Singapore's Largest Outlet Mall

I discovered IMM mall, which hosts more than 50 outlet stores, including Ralph Lauren, Coach and agnès b, all offering great discounts on a miss-match of styles from past seasons. Of course, you can`t guarantee your size will be available but it is a real fun to be rummaging through the rails in search of a bargain that might, just might turn out to be a gem.

There is a free shuttle bus service connecting Jurong East MRT station and IMM mall; it has a distinctive shape and runs every 5-10 minutes. The journey takes 5 minutes, even in heavy traffic. The pick-up point is located outside Westgate, a glossy shopping centre, adjacent to Jurong East MRT station. There is no signage to the pick-up point, so on arrival to Westgate, I asked a shop assistant where I can find it. She didn`t know but a smartly-dressed woman – a customer at that shop – offered to show me the way. Despite my protestations that I only needed her to point me in the right direction, she took me right there, where an orderly queue was waiting for the next shuttle. I was very grateful to my `guide` but to be honest I can easily recall receiving a similar treatment on many occasions. Unknown to me people have gone above and beyond the call of being polite, to help me out. Once a hem of my dress came undone, and sensing my distress a stranger took out a sawing kit from her bag, and offered it to me so I could repair the damage.….. yes, Singaporeans are extremely helpful and considerate.  

Coach is very popular in Singapore, but not very covetable in the UK, so I didn`t buy any bags there, but admittedly there were some leather ones I was debating on, as they were rather fabulous.

When I visited, Ralph Lauren`s bright-coloured t-shirts were down to $40.00, and jade-hued smart city shorts were selling for less than $60.00.

I did try on this `baby phat` dress but it just didn`t do it for me.
 
I like `outlet` shopping because it would be highly unlikely any of my friends would be able to buy the same item I bought, simply because the designs are from past seasons and therefore not available in mainstream boutiques any longer. Also, it proves I am not a fashion victim, even though I am a shopaholic, but I don`t get carried away every time a new collection hits the runways…..I am after quality, not necessarily the latest fads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment