Sunday 5 January 2014

Sergio Rossi`s Serpents

As I am making my New Year resolutions, I am also preparing to say my goodbyes to the Year of the Snake. According to Chinese astrology, it will end on 31 January. I have made a few python purchases in the last 12 months, in tribute to `the year of the prosperity`. Here are a few of my favourites:
I just adore these Sergio Rossi serpents, which I paired up with an unlabelled coat with racoon fur; a Gucci handbag; Missoni scarf; and a Michael Kors belt, on my visit to London in December. I intend to wear these boots even in warmer weather. They will look fab combined with bare legs, and stunning dresses.   
This python handbag brought a ray of sunshine to an overcast Chester just before Christmas. I wore it with a Michael Kors dress. Victoria wore Ralph Lauren and Burberry. What I like about the snake? Its lightness; the charm of the rare; the choppiness of the texture and rarefied sophistication.
I also collect garments with snake-skin motive. This La Perla snake-patterned dress was a perfect dancing companion on my trip to West Africa. With this rich pattern, even the simplest shape is elevated to something far more sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment