Friday 11 July 2014

Amazing Street Theatre in Lublin (Poland)

While in Lublin I greeted with a kiss the city`s symbol – the goat. I am wearing a dress by Michael Kors and sunglasses by Dolce & Gabbana.
And then, it was time for some cultural pursuits; a group of actors were performing a short play in a narrow, cobbled street in the Old Town, in front of the Goldsmith`s House. I am wearing yet another dress from Michael Kors collection, and a vintage alligator bag, which I bought earlier in Lublin.
The main character of this tragicomedy was a beautiful goldsmith`s daughter who was very naughty.
She was entertaining many lovers – amongst them a poet - despite her father`s wish to marry her off to a nobleman.
A jester, clad in a fanciful costume, narrated the play, and got the audience involved - we were all standing alongside the street.
At one point, the jester came and took my hand and lead me onto the `stage` - a middle of the cobbled street – talking about me as an example of an honourable woman of Lublin who possessed an unblemished character.  We were cheered by the crowd!
And the play continued with the goldsmith and the monk ranting and raving and plotting to marry his disgraceful daughter. No joy - the daughter was so set in her ways that the play ended with her happily ravishing more and more lovers!
I loved the design concept of having it performed on the street, and the long, lyrical lines. It was well played and the human characters were lively and likable. My stay in Lublin is coming to the end, and I will miss its sunny weather and beautiful architecture. In yet another dress by Michael Kors (I only packed Michael Kors dresses for this trip), a Fendi clutch, Marc Jacobs sunglasses, and shoes bought locally.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment