Thursday 28 August 2014

Louis Vuitton's floating Maison in Singapore

As a seasoned shopaholic and now in my fifth decade on this earth, I have been to a huge number of shopping malls, stand-alone boutiques, destination shops, and lifestyle super-stores, across the globe. And if I had to choose my all-time-favourite it would have to be Louis Vuitton’s island concept store in Singapore. I am wearing Marimekko dress and my favourite fair-weather-footwear – Chanel clogs.
It floats on the water at Marina Bay Sands. Architect, Moshe Safdie and designer, Peter Marino have collaborated to create this visually pleasing, state-of-the-art glass pavilion that emerges from the surrounding water.
The views from this fab boutique are amazing…..clearly – in my opinion - the best in Singapore, as you can see the skyscrapers of the financial district, and my beloved Merlion; I bet the mannequins are never board here.
A unique skylight brings in a lot of natural light, and the interior is very airy due to effective use of mezzanines. The interior’s nautical theme complements the label’s long association with travel and the fact that it is located within the bay. There is even the outdoor loggia, reminiscent of a deck on a yacht or a cruise liner, furnished with comfy sofas and deck chairs. I am wearing a top from Emilio  Pucci.
The neighbouring area is just stunning, and includes the Marina Bay Sands Shoppes – the maison is linked with it by an underwater art gallery. I am wearing a dress by Versace.
 
After checking out the latest collections; exclusive accessories; jewellery; and antique trunks you can take a well-earned rest on your `maiden voyage` with Louis Vuitton, in its library/ book shop. I go there to browse super-glossy fashion, art and travel guides, over a cup of delicious green tea, served by courteous shop assistants. The service delivered by all who work here is first class: I`ve shared many jokes, catwalked many outfits, learnt a lot over my many visits here. I fact, it feels like….home…..when can I move in?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment