Thursday 7 August 2014

Roland Mouret for Banana Republic

You have to be in good shape for Roland Mouret`s designs as his limited-edition collection that hit Banana Republic today, features figure-skimming skirts and hourglass dresses.
I did try this slim-fitted skirt, so characteristic of the celebrated Frenchman`s genius, who made his name with the Galaxy dress in Spring/Summer2006 season.
It fitted well thanks to their sizing that starts at 0, but I reminded myself I owned several black pencil-skirts, which I don`t wear (!) - I mainly wear dresses - so acquiring yet another black miniskirt, wouldn`t be the smartest thing to do. I very quickly gave it back and almost run out of the shop, not wanting to change my mind. I like the fabric, and its intricate pattern, and the garment is well made. I am wearing a dress by Melissa Odabash, sandals from Michael Kors, and sunglasses by Dolce & Gabbana.
One shouldered styles and geometric colour-combos were particularly popular, but these simple silhouettes in black are elegant and modern.
The clothes are priced below £100, with dresses almost reaching that number, and skirts and tops, coming at around £60.  This is a well-priced, and competently-designed collection; a perfect capsule wardrobe for an office-based fashionista.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment