Tuesday 23 September 2014

Fashion Night Out in London

Vogue`s Fashion Night Out (FNO) returned to London on Tuesday 23 September, after last year`s sabbatical, when the event moved to Manchester. Tonight, all major retailers in central London: department stores, independent boutiques, affordable luxury emporiums, flagships, high street shops, and local eateries are celebrating late into the night by offering in-store entertainment, discounts, refreshments and goody bags, to entice customers to splash the cash. I am wearing a dress by Chloé, racoon fur gilet from the Soho Furrier, tights from Wolford, handbag from Anya Hindmarch, and I bought my shoes in Poland.
I started at Space NK where the dedicated teams of makeup artists were creating looks from cinema`s heydays. I skipped the makeover and instead posed on a red carpet for a professional photoshoot.
La Follia Duo entertained us on South Molton Street.
And Essie offered mini manicures and the opportunity to purchase a limited edition of Vogue FNO nail varnish duo kit.
I didn`t indulge, opting instead to celebrate FNO in my own style – by raising a glass of champagne to style icons and their followers, to street stylistas, beauty pros and fashion eds who make us look dazzlicious.
I was tempted by FRAE`s offer of free frozen yoghurt…..
…….but ventured into L.K. Bennett for yet another refreshment and to listen to a gorgeous DJ who offered a stellar collection of tunes.
Central London turned into my very own Singapore tonight as food stalls competed for my attention.
Candy Kittens were the prettiest and friendliest of them all.
Sadly, I didn`t have time to board Elemis SpaBus for a spot of treatment, or hear Emily Sheffield, Deputy Editor of British Vogue at Selfridges in conversation with  Erdem about his latest collection and unique creative vision.
Never mind….I fully enjoyed this annual `shop till you drop` night, and am glad I could show my support for London – a truly fabulous shopping destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment