Monday 29 September 2014

The Old Harkers Arms – UK Town Pub of the Year

My husband and I and our friends are in majority here, thinking so highly of the Old Harkers Arms in Chester. It has just been awarded UK Town Pub of the Year in the 2015 edition of the Good Pub Guide.
 
It is located by the canal, just a short walking distance from the city centre. The décor is quirky but interesting, with loads of character and interesting touches like a wall of old books. The service is fast, friendly and discreet in a good way; the portions are sizable and the quality of food is great, from steak, fish and chips and burgers to ale pie, yummy deserts and more. Drinks` list is substantial, and I know what I am talking about – we have been coming here for years!

The atmosphere is relaxed and jovial, and the fact they accept four-legged friends here, adds to conviviality, as strangers acquire about each breed and eating habits, and we have seen many stunners gracing the pub`s premises. And yes, we love it in here because we bring our own; he has been drawing admiring glances since he was a puppy and is still a real conversation starter.
The Old Harkers Arms is fittingly close to the hotel, where we like to stay – just a walking distance, perfectly manageable even in high heels. I am wearing a dress by Michael Kors and shoes by Vivienne Westwood for Melissa. My fur jacket is by Anne Klein and my crocodile handbag is from Africa.
We just came back from Chester, but I can`t wait for our next visit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment