Sunday 12 October 2014

Shoe Heaven at Harrods (London)

I ventured into Harrods to discover what the fuss is all about their 42,000 square foot shoe heaven, which opened this autumn. I am wearing a vintage dress, and a jacket from Versace collection.
Located on the 5th floor, the shoe heaven is a maze of marble-stoned corridors and multitude of high-quality designer boutiques, peppered with some nooks populated with lesser-brand entrants. Each space is designed differently, according to their brand guidance – photo above depicts Gucci showroom.
It feels like you are entering a private living room, with many brands offering armchairs around fireplaces, beautiful lighting, comfy sofas and a chance to view the latest catwalks on a big screen (above, at Chanel) while you are waiting for your size to be delivered by a courteous sales person.
Every top name is represented here, from Manolo Blahnik….
…..through man-inspired statement pieces at Louis Vuitton…..
…..to Sophia Webster pretty collection.
This space stocks every possible shoe style, from courts, laced-up stilettos, ankle-strap shoes, to killer heels, glittery mary-janes, kitsch accessories, and high-end handbags like this crocodile number I encountered at Roger Vivier.
I spent some time in a truly eclectic Roger Vivier boutique - décor here ranges from Buddha figurines, to antique furniture and dramatic, modern shelving. A fabulously-looking sales consultant (was she an off-duty model?) taught me the difference between virgule heel (photo above) and choc heel (photo below).
Each designer made an inaugural shoe, especially for the opening of the shoe heaven; it is called the silver line, and some brands really went out of their way to create stunning designs, like these Valentino heels or Roger Vivier beauties (photos below).
 
You better be fit and well-heeled to navigate this web of endless sales opportunities, as temptation awaits everywhere!
I found my ideal match in these Dior Gallery pumps……
……..but unfortunately, they didn`t have my size. I had to content myself with squeezing into a smaller pair for this photo, and leaving my details with a helpful sales assistant, to be called when my size arrives.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment